Literacy Week Competition

March 18, 2016
Next week, we will be holding Literacy Week to encourage a love of language and to inspire our pupils to read and enjoy poetry. On Thursday, we will end the week by inviting all children and staff to dress as a book character of their choice. In assembly, we launched our Literacy Week competition: to write a poem entitled 'opposites'. The poem can be in any poetic form - acrostic, rhyme, limerick etc - but must explore the concept of opposites (antonyms); entries in by Wednesday please. Hacton pupils all contributed to an example poem in this morning's assembly.

Sometimes I'm up,
Sometimes I'm down,
Sometimes I smile,
Sometimes I frown.

Sometimes I'm happy,
Sometimes I'm sad,
Sometimes I'm good,
Sometimes I'm bad.

Sometimes I laugh,
Sometimes I cry,
Sometimes I'm wet,
Sometimes I'm dry.

Sometimes I'm calm,
Sometimes I'm cross,
Sometimes I follow,
Sometimes I'm the boss.

There will be a prize for the best poem from each year group. Pick up your poetic pens and start exploring the wonder of words.


Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blog Archive