Governor Visit: ICT and the New Computing Curriculum

October 21, 2014
Richard Gray, our ICT Governor, recently visited school to look at current developments in the ICT and the New Computing Curriculum.

"I was recently able to spend an afternoon visiting the school in my capacity as ICT governor.

"To start, I met up with the ICT Technician, Mr Moore, and discussed a number of topics such as; budget considerations, how equipment is used across the curriculum, pupil safety and information security. Everything that we discussed helped to reaffirm my belief that the school's ICT needs are in very good hands. Whilst with Mr Moore, I was also able to observe the equipment being put to good use by some very well behaved year 5 pupils as they practised their maths skills in the ICT suite.

"As the school day ended, I was then able to meet the ICT co-ordinators Miss White and Mrs Burks. With the newly named 'Computing' now on the curriculum I was keen to understand how this was to be applied across the school and was very interested to see the topics that the pupils will now be working on as they progress up through the school. With modules such as cryptography, programming, networking and blogging, I'm sure the pupils, and staff alike, will be challenged. I'm equally sure that, thanks to the enthusiasm shown by Miss White and Mrs Burks along with the desire to learn that I know our pupils have, Hacton will rise to the challenge and succeed!"



Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Blog Archive